MARYVILLE, Mo. — Maryville High School students braved the cold Wednesday morning to recognize veterans on Veterans Day in the high school parking lot.
High school students Grace Wright, Mitchell Meyers, Emily Yocum and Henry Swink sang the Star Spangled Banner. Swink and Olivia Stiff performed Taps, while high school senior Aiden McAtee and his friend Cole Bryant presented the American flag.
Meeting at the far end of the parking lot allowed students to spread out with 6 feet between them to social distance because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Assistant Principal Bryan Grow said even in a pandemic its important to honor all veterans who keep the country safe.
- Larry “Doc” Faustlin
- Health board denies city mask request
- Sarah Groteluschen
- Lena Mae Espey
- Mosaic sees influx of COVID-19 patients
- South Nodaway board approves mask mandate
- Drake leads Spoofhounds into semifinals
- West Nodaway to shut down after-school program
- Collision near Barnard seriously injures three
- Two teens seriously injured in early-morning crash