Barn catches fire near Maryville

The Maryville Public Safety fire division responded to the report of a barn on fire at 8:57 a.m. on Wednesday, on property owned by Steve Graham, located near the intersection of State Route V and Icon Road. The barn and its contents, 60 large bales of hay, were fully engulfed when firefighters arrived, said Fire Chief Phil Rickabaugh. “Mother Nature was on our side this time,” he said about the north wind blowing most of the heat away from nearby structures. He said it is likely accidental and possibly caused by an electrical problem in the barn.